2010/06/22

Sea Trials Tomorrow

Just got a call from the yacht broker handling the sale of VIBRANT, a 33 foot Ranger sloop rigged sailboat.  The marine surveyor my wife Eva and I hired to inspect VIBRANT just finished going over the hull and topside running and standing rigging.  No report on findings, but Ed assured me he'd see to getting VIBRANT dunked in preparation for a 1000 Wednesday sea trial.  And assuming VIBRANT harbors no ugly secrets, she will soon be ours - the answer to a dream packed away (battened down for you sailors) many years ago. 

As Eva and I unpack this old dream I hope to capture some of the ups and downs that go with dusting off what was once a vivid dream.  Welcome aboard.

3 comments:

  1. Fair winds & following seas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous24/6/10 13:54

    I just found your blog and will be following your adventures.

    Dave
    S/V Selah
    1972 Ranger 33
    Mount Hope Bay, MA

    Please consider joining facebook group "No LNG terminal in Mount Hope Bay". Thank you !

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55883122987No LNG terminal in Mount Hope Bay To preserve the beauty and protect the welfare of Mount Hope Bay, MA/RI

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sail alone made my day
    Arianne

    ReplyDelete